Custom Search

Saturday, January 17, 2009

President Obama Plans to hold on to the Blackberry







January 16, 2009 (Computerworld) President-elect Barack Obama told CNN Today, he planned to "hang onto" his beloved BlackBerry, but did not explain how he would overcome legal and security concerns.

The revelation came in an interview with CNN's John King in which Obama said, "I think we're going to be able to beat this back."

"I think we're going to be able to hang onto one of these. My working assumption, and this is not new, is that anything I write on an e-mail could end up being on CNN," Obama said.
"So I make sure to think before I press 'send'," he said.

But the president-elect, who will take office next week, said his favorite smartphone was an important tool for him to keep in touch.

"It's just one tool among a number of tools that I'm trying to use, to break out of the bubble, to make sure that people can still reach me," he told CNN.

"If I'm doing something stupid, somebody in Chicago can send me an e-mail and say, 'What are you doing?'

"I want to be able to have voices, other than the people who are immediately working for me, be able to reach out and send me a message about what's happening in America."



No comments:

Post a Comment